we love the cubbies!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Twins On The Brian!

So I recently finished a book while having a chest cold so I thought I would give you my review on what i thought of The Last Child! I thought I was doing myself some good by getting outside, while still being a little chilly rather then keep going to the Y and getting on the treadmill but nooooo I end up getting a wonderful cough and somehow ended up with this chest cold. Was it because I was running outside and changing it up? or was it already in my system? I made sure I was dressing appropriately and also not over doing it and I felt fine! Someone had told me it wasn't the running outside that made me sick because thats supposed to make my immune system stronger so I don't know what to believe at this point. 

     The Last Child is written by John Hart. This is the first book that I have read by him and it most definitely will not be the last! This book was really good and it was a fast read. It constantly had me trying to figure out this mystery/thriller. At first thought this book made me really sad but it goes beyond the sadness as the twist of events keep you reading. I also didn't mind that, when it was the next chapter it was a different character telling the story. Usually it throws me off a little bit but this book did not.
     This book is about a 13 year old boy, Johnny Merrimon who has set out to find his missing twin sister who has been missing for a year. he is destined to find her believing that she is still alive. His mother is a drug abuser that seems to have lost all hope and detective Clyde Hunt is also obsessed in finding this missing girl promising to find her while potentially messing up his career.
     For a fictional book it thought is book was VERY good and well written and even had some good introspective! I can't wait to read another John Hart book!

    My weekly obsession this week? The Lying Game! This show started in 2011 on abc family. They are airing the second season now. (you can watch season 1 now on Netflix) This show is about two twins, Emma and Sutton which are the same character but I don't care this show has me hooked! Emma essentially came from a shitty foster care home and Sutton was adopted by a wealthy couple. Sutton talks Emma into taking her place for a few days while sutton tray to find the truth behind who their mother really is and why they were separated. Its filled with mystery and love and risk as they try to figure out their lives and stay out of trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment